BlissDom Canada returned to Toronto for its third year!! Taking over the Sheraton Centre, spilling out into the streets of Toronto and even making their way into the Niagara Wine Country from Friday October 19 to Sunday October 21, 2012.
This was a year like no other!
I welcomed a dear-to-me group early Saturday morning, the newcomers!!! (Thanks to Care.com) I was on stage with a mic, by myself, for the first time at BlissDom Canada. Another huge feat… almost 50% of those in attendance (close to 500 people in total)… were experiencing BlissDom Canada for the very first time.
In the afternoon, we had incredible, jaw-dropping speakers, TedX style. One after one, they wowed us with their awesomeness; Jian Ghomeshi, Amber MacArthur, Susan Cain, Bonnie Stewart & Ami McKay. BlissDom Canada’s 2012 speakers exuded inspiration, substance & quality. I devoured every word spoken.
That was only Saturday during the day… let’s go back to Friday.
BlissDom Canada started off with a bang on Friday morning with another first… we took over the entire audience at The Marilyn Denis Show. One of our new-to-BlissDom attendees, Julie Nowell, won a surprise makeover and wardrobe and we were introduced to the authors of “Sh*tty Moms” AND BlissDom Canada Community Leaders, Alicia Ybarbo and Mary Ann Zoellner (they are both Emmy award-winning producers at NBC and have been at the TODAY Show since 2000). You can watch the entire episode, let me know if you spot me! 😉
I spent the afternoon at registration, I wanted to see people as they arrived and give out as many hugs as I could. Right beside me Sleep Country Canada sleep experts handed out amazing pillows that fit our individual sleeping habits, and yes I know I shouldn’t be sleeping on my belly… (p.s. I was so star-struck by the one and only Christine Magee that I was tongue-tied!)
As darkness began to fall, 14 teams took to the streets of Toronto in our very first #RoadRallyBliss thanks to the wonderful folks at Chevrolet Canada, WeeWelcome.com and Impressions Public Relations. Best ice-breaker EV-ER! I’ve never laughed so hard watching everyone run around, looking for objects and talking to strangers.
This is only a small portion of what went on over the weekend. I still have to tell you about…
- The kick-off party with Microsoft Canada where they actually got me thinking about ditching my iPhone for their Windows Phone… #gotsmoked
- Then there’s the moment I stood next to Chef Michael Smith and felt like Frodo Baggins.
- I want to tell you about the fabulous sponsors that make conferences like BlissDom Canada possible. How Starbucks Canada made me smile every 15 minutes, Kraft Canada inspired me to cook again and how my family ate my Pepperidge Farms Cracker Chips before I even got home!
- Or then there’s the annual Costume & Karaoke Party where Andy Kim showed up and sang his song, “Sugar, Sugar” with us.
- and it’ll take me a full post to talk about the Sunday excursion I chose. Flat Rock Cellars & Good Earth Food and Wine thanks to Wine Country Ontario. I’ve live close by but have never done a tour, so this was another first for me!
Stay tuned… 🙂