One of the first things I hear when the kids come through the door after school is “Can I have something to eat, please?” I shouldn’t really be surprised because I remember enjoying an after school snack with my Grandfather daily as a child. However it still does amaze me just how much these boys can eat even after I pack a healthy nutritious lunch for them. Recently I discovered the Kraft Pizza Kits and they rocked my world. We love making homemade pizza for dinner, but our local grocery store stopped carrying refrigerated pizza dough. After a (failed) attempt at making my own dough, we went for a few months without making our own pizza. That is until I found the Kraft Pizza Kits! These kits contain everything you need to make tasty pizza dough right at home, plus it comes with a spice mix and sauce. You can find them in the packaged meal isle; I picked mine up at Walmart. Just add your favourite toppings and cheese and viola dinner! Not only can you use the kit to make regular pizza, but I also made these mouth watering pizza bites that the kids gobbled up.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Kraft Pizza Kit
- 1/2 cup Pepperoni, diced
- Other pizza toppings if desired
What you’ll do:
- Heat oven to 425oF
- Prepare Pizza Dough as directed on the package, adding in the the Herb Mix while making the dough.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface into a rectangle approx 18×12 inches. Cover half to dough with Pizza sauce (about 1/2 cup) and toppings. We used pepperoni and onions.
- Fold the dough over length wise and use a pizza cutter to cut into 1 inch sticks.
- Gently lift each stick, twist and place on parchment lined baking.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and bake for 12-15 mins or until golden brown.
- Heat remaining pizza sauce and serve with pizza sticks
These pepperoni pizza sticks are a perfect after school snack idea, you can customize them to include your favourite toppings too. Maybe add in some olives, peppers or diced pineapple. And if you have teens, having them making up a batch is a great way to expand their skills in the kitchen.