Out of all the Christmas party ideas out there, My 5 Favourite Things, is on my list for the MOST FUN GIFT EXCHANGE PARTY EVER! My girlfriends and I have done this now for the past FIVE years. Normally we take turns hosting it in our own homes, but this year we had to move it to our church because of the number of ladies who wanted to attend exceeded any of our living room layouts!
This gift exchange event is super easy to put on and it’s a lot of fun.
- Everyone brings 5 of their favourite thing (we set a $5 limit), wrapped up, for 5 people. i.e., 5 favourite $5 movies, 5 favourite $5 chocolates, 5 notebooks, 5 batches of your favourite baking, etc.
- To make it easier on the host, everyone brings their favourite finger-food snack or dessert.
- Everyone puts their name into a bucket 5 times.
- When it’s your turn, you take 5 names from the bucket and hand out your gifts to those people, explaining why it’s your favourite thing.
- At the end of the night everyone goes home with 5 different favourite things.
This year, we extended the invitation to the ladies to bring their teenaged daughters if they wished. The outcome was fantastic. The types of gifts exchanged were everything from quirky food pillows – to chocolates – to baked goodies – to bath salts. Each came with a unique story as to why that item was chosen.
The evening was a huge success, not only did we each walk away with 5 great Christmas gifts, but we also got to know each other a little bit better.